Perfect for wedding receptions, festivals, indoor markets, business conferences, banquets, book launches, charity events, yoga classes and much more.
The largest and most versatile space in the Town Hall. The beautiful high-vaulted ceiling and tall arched windows give this historic hall a bright airy feel.
Spacious enough to accommodate just under 200 people for a sit-down banquet or wedding breakfast, or more than 300 people for dancing, revelry or shopping. The adjacent fully-fitted professional catering kitchen allows for high quality onsite catering. And of course, we have a licence to sell alcohol.
Key features of the Corn Exchange
- Beautiful high-vaulted ceiling and tall arched windows
- Ground floor, rear access load-in with parking
- Capacity for up to 240 people seated (theatre style) or 390 standing
- Table configurations include:
- 13 x round tables seating up to 10 people each
- 36 x six-foot trestle tables, accommodating up to 197 people seated (regiment style)
- Tables and chairs available for hire
- Built-in vocal PA system included
- Music PA system available
- Projectors available
- No noise limiters
- Stage in modular system to maximum dimensions 25’ x 15’ / 7.6m x 4.5m
- Fully fitted professional catering kitchen
- Alcohol license
- Ground floor disabled toilet
- Catering can be arrange
- Free wi-fi and internet connection
- Preferential local hotel and B&B room rates (the nearest hotels are just a few metres away)
- Preferential rates with local services such as caterers, florists, beverage suppliers, car hire, table decoration and dressing